Search

15.1.21

On Star Ratings

"I should talk about Star Ratings.[...]I'm one guy, giving my opinion on a match.[...]I give stars cause it's a fun little thing. you read the thing, you look at the star ratings, if a bunch of them are high, you go 'Wow, Bryan really liked this show. I should go see it.'[...]"
-Bryan Alvarez, The Bryan and Vinny Show


So I felt like I needed to make this small aside to post to all of my reviews that involve me giving matches a star rating. Just because I wanna dissolve any idea that I have a high opinion of my taste in wrestling, one that would usually come with thinking people care what I rate a wrestling match.

At the end of the day, I do the Star Ratings on my blog posts for myself. I use the star ratings to track how I felt about certain matches for the benefit of my own memory. So I can compare how I felt about certain matches with other matches, and to see what I subconsciously think about certain wrestlers, teams, or companies. I in no way feel like my word should be taken with any grave seriousness by a wide audience. My Taste is my taste.

Okay this is really short, but maybe I'll come back and revise it some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment